Name:
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Time and chance happen to us all...

I have now been married five months and twelve days and I can safely say that marriage is a blissful thing that I would recommend to everyone. As corny as this sounds, it really is amazing to be able to just be with your best friend all the time. I think back to the days in my childhood when I played "house" with my friends, and now it's really happening and seems deeply surreal. Thankfully Tim and I are both bordering on anal when it comes to keeping out little apartment clean, doing the dishes, taking the rubbish out. The biggest adjustment that I've had to make is not needing to keep tabs on how late it is and whether or not I'll have to explain my whereabouts to my mother...

Getting married has made me realize how quickly life slips through our fingers. It feels like yesterday that I was in grade 10 wondering if I'd ever make it through high school, and now I'm 22 years old, married, working full time and researching which bank can give me the best deal on mortgage repayments for a house! Where has my life gone?! :s The temptation looms to try and set 1 year, 5 year and 10 year goals for myself, to ensure that I can quantify my progress through my twenties. But on the other hand, if there's one thing I've learnt from recent experiences in my family, it's that life is indeed short and that what counts is what I do right now, today, not what I plan to do by the time I'm 30.

Ok, enough! If you've read this far, kudos to you! I think it's time for few photos. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home